Friday, December 2, 2011

Where can I go diamond mining near New England?

My b/f and I want to go diamond mining to try to find a diamond for my engagement ring? Any ideas!|||Arkansas is the closest choice for what you want to do. http://www.craterofdiamondsstatepark.com鈥?/a>





------------------------------------


Yes, high quality is very rare there, but you don't have many other choices to find your own. I don't know of any other diamond mines in the world that are open to the public. It sounds like Geomatic7000 would rather you buy something from a mall than even take a chance, which might be wiser financially anyway. It could be a nice vacation to try in Arkansas, just don't get your hopes up too much, especially if the value of your engagement ring will be more materialistic than sentimental to you. By the time you get it cut and mounted, even if you find something of decent quality you will have a great deal more invested than its monitary value. But you can't place a cash value on everything, can you?





If you do go, there are some nice, romantic spas nearby in Hot Springs, AR. Even if you can't make your own ring, you can make memories that last as long as something from DeBeers.|||Arkansas has mostly crap diamonds. If you found a good one you'd be very very very lucky. And I'd have idea where in the US you could go to get it cut and cut well.





The US in general has mostly crap diamonds.





Have your bf pony up the dough for a ring. You can get a nice one that won't break the bank.





**** I believe in romance. My bf is a very romantic person. I also believe in reality. I don't want you to expect to find a great diamond that will make this spectacular ring. The odds are quite low. There's nothing that says a store bought ring cannot be romantic. Its all about presentation (and maybe surprise) In my mind, even as a geologist, spending hours, days out in Arkansas for nothing is not my idea of romantic. But if you want a low quality ring that's your prerogative. I would just not waste the time and money on having a low quality diamond cut and set. Yes, the idea is sweet, but I have a feeling you would be dissapointed in the end result.|||I like the idea, but it is not realistic. Most diamonds are to be found above archons, the oldest landmasses, and that brings you to South Africa, the North of Canada, ... Other than these places, you have to be very lucky ! And you said mining, not finding .... So if you want to mine it, be aware that diamond mines are very large scale operations and involve enormous investments in money and time. Check out the site of De Beers if you want to have an idea ...


Just outside a major jewellers store a client might drop one, ... ?


Best of luck !

No comments:

Post a Comment