Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What is the average carrat size of a diamond on an engagement ring?

I'm doing a study to find out what size diamond most people have on their engagement ring?





thanks!|||From talking to my jeweler and other jewelers in my area (everywhere from malls to Harry Winston) the average person has less than one carat in a solitaire ring and 1-1.5 carats total weight on an engagement ring with side stones. For example if you go to Zales' website and see how the diamonds are classified by weight, there are hardly any over 1 carat.





A 2 carat ring, high quality (Cartier) will set you back at least $30,000. At the mall, you might find a lower quality ring for as little as $7000.





Most people don't know a lot about size though, people assume all the time that my ring is over a carat and it's only 61 points (0.6 carats).|||mine is .61...but lots of bagets on the sides|||1.75 or 2|||avg size usally depends on budget but seeing on how im in the diamon business. It ranges between 1-4 carats. Clarity is also a factor like vvs or a gh color all has to be taken in consideration. I got my wife, 1.5 carat F clarity. hope that i helped you out a little bit.|||...i think it should be between 1 - 1.5 carats|||Two carrat|||2|||The general rule for how much to spend on a ring for marrriage is equal to two months salary, so depending on how much your man makes........|||i have a 1 carat marquee cut solitare. Its a beautiful ring. My wedding band is a total of 1 carat, but it has several single diamonds that go around, so each diamond on that isnt equal to one carat, just total all together.|||2.5|||If you mean of the center diamond, usually 1 carat (at least) Thats what mine is.





Sidestones can be anywhere from .25 to .75\





btw, ignore anyone talking about a 6 carat stone...that isn't even something that movie stars have.. The biggest i have heard of is like 4 or 5 carats on JLo...|||Mine is 1.27 carat in the middle with .80 in the four diamonds on the side of it. That's a total of 2.





My wedding band is 1 carat in 5 diamonds.





So all together, I have a total of 3 carats once I get married.|||Mine is a 3 carat, and the wedding band is baguettes and the sides of the solitaire diamond. My engagement ring itself with the solitaire and baguettes totals 3.30|||Mine is 1 carat and beautiful, I think anything bigger is too flashy.|||mine is a 1 carat solitaire|||1 carat|||1|||you just wanna know what people have on their rings? well mine is 1/3 carrot, marquise cut....its so clear you can see throught it...itsa goreous stone and I love my ring...It's not huge, but the meaning behind it was! AND THATS WHAT MATTERS.

No comments:

Post a Comment