Friday, December 2, 2011

How do you pick a diamond?

I want to buy a diamond. I am familiar with all of the terms for rating a diamond. My question has to do with what should I consider when I purchase one? I am looking for one (Pear shaped) in the 1.5 - 2.0 carat range.


I am interested in feedback such as, "You don't need to buy a flawless diamond. It will cost you a lot more and only a jeweler will be able to see the difference". Or, "Make sure you get at least a VS1 because anything rated below that doesn't look very nice".


Something along those lines.|||all of the 4 Cs are important. i would recommend no higher than a G in color, SI1 in clarity. a lot of times a good jewelry designer can hide flaws by where the prongs are holding the diamond, making it less visible to the naked eye.





with a pear shape, i would put cut 1st above the others. make sure it is a good cut, as perfect to symmetrical as you can get. then color--no one wants a yellow diamond. then clarity--SI1 or better--VS or VVS is you can do it. hope this helps.|||buy diamonds on http://www.ebay.com or http://www.amazon.com|||Color is important. White gold or platinum settings require a better color diamond. A more yellow tone diamond shows in these settings. My opinion: wg or plat-color over clarity, yg-clairty over color.|||Q. how do u pick a diamond?


A. take a financially endowed man with you

No comments:

Post a Comment