Friday, December 2, 2011

What would you think of just a Diamond wedding band and no engagement ring?

say you knew someone who was engaged but didnt have an engagement ring and planned on getting instead an elaborate diamond/gem encrested and engraved wedding band...








would you find it odd in a bad way or unique in a good way.|||I think people should do what makes them happy when it comes to weddings and marriage. Why do we have to judge people who want to do things differently? Marriage is about building a life with someone you love. From society's point of view, we should only care if the marriage is sound.|||Most people I know hardly wear the engagement ring after being married so long, they wear the wedding band. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.|||I wouldnt find it odd at all. Anything goes for rings these days. People are choosing pave or unconventional gemstones for engagement rings, and even buying a double-purpose ring that serves as both engagement and wedding band.





My wedding band is a full-circle channel set of diamonds, I love it so much that I often dont bother to wear my engagement ring! I say go for it, you will have something beautiful on your hand every day and as my husband said, "the wedding band is more important so that should be gorgeous".|||I wouldn't care one way or another. Whatever makes them happy.|||My mother doesn't have an engagement ring. She and my dad have been married for 35 years. I don't think it's odd or unique - some people just don't want or can't afford an engagement ring.





Honestly, I could not care less. To each their own.|||Very nice and Unique! Have a wonderful wedding day.|||I wouldn't really have an opinion. One old high school friend got an engagement cat. Seriously, and engagement cat. Her fiance is terribly allergic, so his engagement gift was one of those specially bred hypoallergenic kitties (they aren't cheap!). Their deal is that she gets a new cat every 10 years. If having a beloved pet is that much more important than diamonds, why the hell not? Do what makes you happy. =)|||To each their own. If she's happy with that then that's wonderful. A lot of women stop wearing their engagement rings after they get married so the engagement ring just sits in a box.|||Not unique at all, and not bad or good. Just whatever they wanted was perfectly fine.|||I don't really find it "unique," as I know a lot of women who only wear their wedding band.





However, I don't find it odd at all. It's very practical. You may as well spend the money on one great ring that you love and will wear all the time.





I also wouldn't judge someone who just wore an engagement ring and no wedding band, although I think she'd be in for many years of people asking, "So, when's your wedding?"|||Definitely unique!|||It's fine. That's how it is done in most cultures, and not long ago here in the USA before the 60's. The diamond engagement ring is a relatively new thing actually.





"Unique" it is not, it is what it is.





Good luck|||jewelry


http://www.ubrides.com/home.php?cat=834%26amp;catexp=834|||That sounds good and ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment