Friday, December 2, 2011

What type of engagement ring setting would be best for not scratching people or getting the diamond caught?

The setting I have now is called "Tiffanie" and my 1/2 carat diamond sticks up too far. I can't wear it since I often scratch my baby or get stuck on my clothes. What other types of rings are available where the diamond won't stick out as far?|||A bezel setting would certainly look good, but you might also want to look into a flush setting if it's a serious problem. Avoid anything with prongs, even if it looks lower--you'll still have the same trouble. However, before you invest any serious cash on a new setting, you may want to see if you can get the prongs on your current setting filed down a bit. I had some work done on mine (it was cheaper than doing it myself) and in the process they rounded out my prongs and filed them down a bit, and I don't have nearly as much trouble with my ring catching on stuff.|||Bezel sets are nice, but you lose alot of the sparkle because less light is getting through. A lot of women who want to retain the sparkle and fire of their diamond, but don't want to catch it on everything, will opt for a cathedral style mounting. It's very simple, and should sit just fine next to a band.|||I think a Bezel setting would be your best option. See the following link for a photo example that looks very nice.


http://jewelry.about.com/od/choosesettin鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment